These filters will let you know when your filter bag needs attention. This allows you to maximize the efficiency of your operations and reduce system downtime by changing filters only when they really need it. You’ll save time, money and effort, because you’ll use each bag to its maximum capacity, since change-out will be based on the remaining life of the bag, not on someone’s best guess.
As the pressure drop across the filter increases, additional dirt-holding capacity decreases. At a 5 psi drop in pressure, over 90 percent of the filter’s dirt holding capacity has been reached. When the pressure drop has increased to 10 psid, it has reached 95 percent of its total dirt-holding capacity. For each additional 5 psi pressure drop, the amount of extra dirt retained decreases dramatically. Pressure drops greater than 15 psi retain no appreciable amount of additional dirt. Our line of indicating filters automatically and intelligently sense these pressure differences, and will indicate when the optimum time to change the filter element in your system, saving you time, money and effort.
The Indicating Filter is a mechanical device, without tubes or orifices that clog the indicator. Unfiltered liquid enters the housing above the bag, supported in a spring-loaded basket, and flows through. Solids are contained inside the bag, and as it becomes loaded, greater pressure is required to force liquid through the bag. Due to this increase in differential pressure, the spring-loaded basket is forced downward, actuating the cam that drives the indicator pointer, displaying the changes on a simple red/green scale. Red represents unacceptable pressure differential, indicating that element change-out is required. These units are pre-calibrated to indicate element change-out at 15 psi pressure differential.
Indicating Filter Features
- Integral Differential Pressure Indicator (non-clogging)
- Electric Micro Switch included – 3-wire or 4-wire
- Electric Switch has dual actuation (one for requires attention soon and one for requires immediate attention)
- Standard is one set point, optional is 2 set points
- Optional explosion-proof Pneumatic Switch
- Low pressure drops
- Permanently piped housings are opened without disturbing the piping or requiring tools
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- Carbon or stainless (304 or 316) steel housings
- Housings are electropolished to resist adhesion of dirt and scale
- Large-area, heavy-duty baskets
- O-ring seals: Buna N, EPR, Fluoroelastomer, and PTFE fluorocarbon resin
- Two pressure ratings-150 and 300 psi
- Indicating device is mechanical, no tubes or orifices to clog
- As amount of trapped dirt increases, pressure drop increases, and the remaining life of the filter decreases