Duplex basket strainers are built for continuous flow applications where cleaning shutdowns are not permitted. The duplex filter assembly allows the flow to be switched back and forth between two filter vessels, allowing one side to be serviced while the other is in use. Duplex strainers provide protection for mechanical equipment by straining foreign matter from the connected piping system, reducing overall operating costs.
At Rosedale Products, our Duplex Strainers and Bag Filters provide a better solution for your trouble free, continuous operation project needs.
Duplex Model Options
Available in various sizes from Model 4 – 48, pressure ratings and materials.
Advantages of Duplex systems
The Rosedale duplex design is an excellent solution, and offers many benefits for continuous or large batch filtration:
- Four separate valves are used, all operated simultaneously by a single lever.
- Valves use the standard butterfly design, known for their effective seal, low pressure drop, and low cost.
- Any of the valves can be serviced individually, without need to disturb the other valves or piping.
- Valves are soft-seated to provide bubble-tight closure.
- A variety of seal materials is available for use with several hard-to-handle fluids.
- Mechanical stops assure that the valves are completely open or closed.
- A single-valve pressure balancing vent system is furnished to ease movement of the lever and to fill the just serviced vessel before use.
- Vents in filter covers and drain ports in filter housing speed evacuation and filling.
- Remotely operated power actuators and automatic power actuation (triggered by pressure differential sensing) are offered. Air or electric actuation is best if such power is available.
Duplex systems are available in numerous styles that fit your project’s needs and budget. Common Duplex Strainer and Bag Filter Applications include:
- Lubrication systems
- Marine & industrial oil burners
- Chemical plants
- Cooling lines
- Ink supply lines
- Pumping stations
- Cooling tower water lines